Data Protection and Privacy
“The capabilities to create, use, store, and transfer data has been one of the major and ever-changing developments of the recent decades. However, the challenge is in securely handling the information, as data management is becoming increasingly complicated. This is more so because of the cross-border transportation of sensitive personal data and the multi-jurisdictional and cloud-based storage of data and the involvement of various national and international laws. Therefore, understanding and implementing a legally compliant and practically viable data protection infrastructure is extremely important for companies. India’s data protection and privacy laws are relatively new, and in addition to the specific laws, various other domestic laws may also impact data protection and privacy in India. Therefore, a comprehensive and clear understanding of all applicable Indian laws is very significant for international companies exchanging any data or information with Indian counterparts.
Our Service Offered to the clients include:
- Advising on processing data domestically and complying with the regulatory requirements.
- Advising on transfers of sensitive personal data within and outside India.
- Advising on security breaches and drafting security breach policies.
- International compliance projects including implementing corporate rules and handling cross-border data flows.
- Advising on prosecutions and offences, and on actions by the regulators.