Any reference to “You”, “Your” or the “User” in these Terms shall include any person who accesses or uses the Site or Services on your behalf.
BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU EXPRESSLY REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THESE TERMS AND AGREE TO BE BOUND THESE TERMS.
Furthermore by using this website, you expressly represent that; a) You have the capacity to be bound by these Terms; b) if You are acting on behalf of a company or other entity, then he you have the authority to bind such company or entity; c) You will not violate any rights of CHELTON LEGAL including intellectual property Rights such as copyright or trademark rights.
- The information material and content provided in the pages of the website (“the Information”) may be changed without prior notice.
- Information provided on the website is believed to be reliable when posted, but there is no guarantee that it is accurate or complete or current at all times. The website is the resource for informational purpose only and is intended, but not promised or guaranteed, to be correct, complete and up-to-date. The views/ opinions/ articles/ information/ discussion and other such content provided in this Website, whether by Chelton Legal or third parties, do not constitute legal advice or opinion. The views expressed in the discussions, featured articles and other such content in this Website represents the personal view of the author(s) and do not, in any manner, constitute the views of Chelton Legal.
- We hereby disclaims any and all liability to You or any other person for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions regardless of whether such error or omissions result from negligence, accident or any other cause. Further, we assume no liability for the interpretation and/or use of the information contained in the website, nor does it offer a warranty of any kind, either expressly or impliedly.
By accessing this website, you agree:
- that you will access its contents solely for your own private use or for the purposes of the legitimate business of your employer, but in either case for the factual material in the website content concerning the firm or generally and not for reliance on any points of law;
- not to copy, amend, reproduce, transmit or distribute the content, or disclose the content to third parties;
- to comply with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements relating to your use of this website;
- not to hack or hire third party to hack the Website or even use any other unauthorized means to access any third party information without written consent of us.
- to comply with all reasonable instructions we give you relating to this website;
- not to use this website to distribute any information or data in contravention of any regulation or legislation;
- not to advertise or sell any goods or services to other users of this website; and
- not to benefit commercially from website content.
- The use of this website does not amount to the creation of the attorney- client relationship. Any transmission, receipt or use of this website, the information and materials contained therein or sending an email to our office will not create or constitute an attorney- client relationship.
- You should make yourself aware of the laws of your respective country or those applicable to them in relation to any of the matters described in this website. If you choose to access the website then it shall be deemed to be done on your own initiative and you shall be responsible for compliance with applicable local, national or international laws.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Unless otherwise stated, we own, license, or otherwise use as permitted under the applicable law all Intellectual Property Rights including copyright, trademarks, patents in this Website and its contents including news articles, featured articles and discussions (“Content“). The information provided on this Website is solely for private use and not for any commercial or public use.
- You shall have no right, title or interest in the website content or this website. Neither shall do you acquire any such right, title or interest through your use of the website. If you need third party to use this website, you agree to obtain a licence of that at your own expense or that of your employer.
MATERIAL PROVIDED BY YOU
- You agree to ensure that all material you send or upload to this website (including, but not limited to, e-mails, , graphic files, still or moving , or responses to any questionnaire available through this website) (“your material”) is legal, not offensive, decent and truthful, complies with all laws and regulations, does not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights or other rights of us or any third party, is not defamatory, unreliable or misleading or otherwise objectionable and is free of bugs, worms or viruses.
- You are solely responsible for your material. If we consider that any part of your material exposes us to the risk of a claim or complaint by a third party, we may block access to all or part of this website and remove all or part of your material. You must provide all reasonable assistance in this respect.
- You agree not to use this website to advertise or sell any goods or services to other users of this website. You agree not to publish any information or personal data relating to a third party in your material.
- We will treat all information provided by you including but not limited to information regarding Your name, address, contact number, age, gender, email address organisation etc., (“Personal Information”) confidential. We will not in ordinary course disclose any Personal Information to any third parties except unless required by law, court order or order of any regulatory authority to disclose such information and to deliver the relevant documentations to the requesting authority.
- However, we shall only disclose such information to our associates, partners and to such other entity to whom the disclosure is necessary to affect the purpose of providing the services and who are similarly bound to hold the information in confidence.
- You may not use or export or re-export any information or any copy or adaptation thereof available in this website in violation of any applicable laws or regulations.
NO GUARANTEE OR WARRANTIES
- CHELTON LEGAL and its members, affiliates, employee and authorised representatives provide the Website and the information on an “as is” basis and do not make any express and implied warranties representations, endorsements or conditions with respect to the Website or the information, including without limitation warranties as to non-infringement, usefulness, completeness, accuracy, correctness, reliability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- We do not guarantee that this website will operate or will meet your requirements; that your access will be uninterrupted; that there will be no delays, failure, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information; that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or; that no damage will occur to your computer system. You are solely responsible to have adequate protection and backup of data and/or equipment and take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties. We may update this website time to time and we reserve the right to modify, restrict access to or close this website at any time.
- We are not responsible for and will not be liable to You or anyone else for any damage or other amounts whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages) arising out of or in connection with Your use of or inability to use the Website or the information contained therein, or any action or decision made by You in reliance on the Website or information contained therein, or any unauthorised use or reproduction of the Website or the information therein.
- You understand that the Website is used by you, solely at your own risk, cost and liability.
- You agree that We, with or without reason may terminate your access to the website without prior notice. Without limiting the forgoing, we may terminate or temporarily suspend your access to the website if you ; a)breach or violate these terms; b) there is a request by law enforcement or other government agencies; or c) in case of unexpected technical issues or problems.
- You agree that all terminations of access to the website shall be made at the sole discretion of CHELTON LEGAL, and that we shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever to either you or any third party for any termination of access to this website.
GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
- We make no representation that the information and material contained in this website are appropriate and permitted for use in jurisdictions outside India. We cause the control and maintenance of the Website from India. The terms are governed by the laws of India without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. The usage of this website by You is subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Mumbai, Maharashtra without prejudice to our right to take action in any jurisdiction whatsoever.
The Website is not liable for failure to perform any of its obligations if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalization, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout, robbery, theft of data or any interruption or any failure of electricity or server, system, computer, internet or telephone service.
CONTACTING THE FIRM